At Aspiration, we think of ourselves as a financial firm with a conscience. It’s one thing to say that, but it’s another to bring it to life in how we treat our customers, our community, and the planet.
2017 was a difficult year – with too many natural disasters and too much national division. But we can be proud of the positive impact made by all of us who are part of this Aspiration community.
Here are some of the highlights of what we’ve all accomplished together in 2017:
Aspiration’s top-ranked banking and investing puts great financial options into the hands of all, not just the wealthiest few:
- Aspiration Summit Checking Account customers are earning over $2.25 million in interest above that which they’d get from the Big Banks
- Current customers are saving over $100 million in traditional bank fees such as ATM fees, monthly fees, and overdraft fees by switching to banking with Aspiration
At Aspiration, we give 10% of every dollar our customers choose to pay in fees to charity because we believe the giving season should last 365 days a year:
- Aspiration and our customers have together donated over a quarter million dollars to microloans to help struggling working Americans build new businesses and a better life
- When Aspiration announced we’d match donations for hurricane relief after the terrible storms this summer, you – our community members – stepped forward to give over $10,000 in just a few days
Aspiration customers are making their money matter by investing over $50 million sustainably in our fossil fuel free, firearm free strategy.
By investing with Aspiration instead of the S&P 500, Aspiration customers are choosing to support more sustainable companies with a smaller footprint on our planet. Doing so means we have reduced greenhouse gas emissions by the equivalent of:
- 4 million fewer miles driven by an average sized car
- 1.7 million less pounds of coal being burnt, or
- 1,858 acres of additional forest land sequestering carbon (that’s bigger than New York’s Central Park!)*
And lastly, ZERO. That’s the amount of Aspiration banking deposits lent to oil and gas pipeline construction compared to the billions invested by Big Banks in fossil fuel exploitation.
Thank you for being part of all of this in 2017. We couldn’t be more excited about all the great work ahead in 2018!