NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ENTRANTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE AN ASPIRATION CUSTOMER OR TO OPEN AND FUND AN ASPIRATION ACCOUNT TO BE ELIGIBLE.
ASPIRATION’S SUSTAINABLE SMART HOME SWEEPSTAKES
Sponsored by Aspiration Partners, Inc. (herein “Sponsor”)
OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND CURRENTLY RESIDING WITHIN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”), WHO ARE EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AS OF THE TIME OF ENTRY. A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS AND INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES/D.C. AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT TIME OF ENTRY.
1. Sweepstakes Period: Aspiration’s Sustainable Smart Home Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on May 12, 2021 at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 30, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor is the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are 18 years of age or older as of the time of entry. A valid email address and internet access is required for entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies associated with the Sweepstakes, and members of the immediate families (defined as including spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren, and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Non-eligibility or non-compliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sweepstakes is void outside of the 50 United States/D.C. and wherever prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to United States law.
3. How to Enter: Go to www.aspiration.com/dreamhome (“Website”) and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form in its entirety during the Sweepstakes Period to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. All Entries received from any person that exceed the stated limitation will be disqualified. Entries made by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Incomplete or illegible Entries will not be acknowledged. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged except as provided herein. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” associated with the email account will be deemed to be the entrant as long as such person is eligible and in compliance with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt by Sponsor. Released Parties (as defined in Rule 7, below) are not responsible for entries that are late, lost, illegible, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, that contain false information, that are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the entry process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Official Rules. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address for purposes of entry into the Sweepstakes. Use of any automated program or method to enter or use of multiple email addresses to enter the Sweepstakes more than one (1) time, will result in disqualification of all associated entries and of the person/email address account responsible for such Entries.
4. Drawing/Odds of Winning: To be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing, an eligible entry must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted on or about July 14, 2021 (the “Drawing Date”) by an independent judging agency whose decisions shall be final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. One (1) potential winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes prize will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
5. Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
One (1) Prize: Prize winner will receive a NEU customizable, sustainable, smart home (part of a housing cooperative) located near Austin, TX valued at up to $250,000 (“NEU Home”) plus a check provided at closing for 25% of the NEU Home price (up to $62,500) intended to be used towards taxes and closing costs. Examples: If winner selects a NEU Home valued at $250,000, winner will also receive a check in the amount of $62,500. Or, if winner selects a NEU Home valued at $150,000, winner will receive a check in the amount of $37,500. Winner may select from among three (3) NEU Community sites and will work with the developer, NEU, to select and configure their NEU Home. For more details on NEU homes and the builder, please go to www.neucommunity.com. Winner may select a NEU Home that is valued at up to $250,000. If winner selects a NEU Home valued at less than $250,000, the cost difference will not be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Winner may also select a NEU Home valued in excess of $250,000 but will be solely responsible for paying the difference, subject to Sponsor and NEU approval. The three (3) NEU Community sites from which the winner may select their NEU Home location are NEU Lake Travis (located in Travis County, TX), NEU Mountain View (located in Travis County, TX), and NEU Forest Park (located in Bastrop County, TX). NEU Home includes a 10-year limited warranty. Maximum, total, approximate retail value (“ARV”): up to $312,500 (including cash stipend for taxes). Estimated completion of construction of winner’s NEU Home is by 12/31/21 but may be subject to change depending upon NEU Home selected by winner and any unforeseen construction delays. Unclaimed or forfeited prize will not be awarded. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes associated with the prize, including, but not limited to, federal, state, or local income taxes, property taxes, utilities, insurance, maintenance, and any/all costs associated with NEU Home ownership including but not limited to closing costs and attorney’s fees and a monthly assessment of approximately $75. Winner must comply with any/all NEU HOA guidelines and provisions. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize is permitted, except as expressly set forth herein by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value (at its sole discretion) for any reason. Any expenses not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to taxes (including federal and state income taxes and annual property taxes), other costs, and other expenses relating to the prize and the use or acceptance of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is awarded “as is” with no guarantees or warranties other than as previously noted, either express or implied, in fact or in law, by Sponsor. All prize details are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In no event shall Sponsor’s prize liability exceed the ARV of the prize for any reason.
6. Winner Notification/Prize Award/Publicity Consent: No entrant is deemed a winner until his/her/their eligibility has been verified and it is determined that he/she/they have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. As soon as reasonably practicable following the Drawing Date, potential winner will be notified by the Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent via email (“Initial Email”) and must reply to this Initial Email with their complete name, mailing address, phone number, and date of birth within five (5) days from the date the Initial Email is sent. Once the potential winner has responded to the Initial Email, the potential winner will be issued an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and Publicity (where permitted) (“Affidavit”) via overnight delivery service and must complete and return the Affidavit within ten (10) days from the date the Affidavit is sent. If potential winner is 18 years of age but considered a minor in their state of residence, the Affidavit must also be completed by the minor winner’s parent or legal guardian on behalf of such minor winner. Failure by the potential winner to respond to the Initial Email or to complete and return the Affidavit within the time-periods stated above will result in disqualification and the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. All Entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By accepting the prize, winner grants Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, the right to use their name, likeness, voice, photographs, and opinions in any advertising, publicity, and promotion in any media worldwide without further compensation or permission, except wherever prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for technical difficulties with telecommunications systems beyond its control or for change to a potential winner’s mailing address, email address, and/or phone number. If a prize-related communication is returned as undeliverable, prize will be forfeited. Failure by the potential winner to respond to the potential winner notification(s) as directed within the specified time-periods, the return of any notification as undeliverable, noncompliance with these Official Rules, or Sponsor’s inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time-period may result in forfeiture of potential winning status, and an alternate winner will be selected. In no event will more than one (1) prize be awarded.
7. General: By participating, entrants agree to abide and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters. Entrants further agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising and promotion agencies associated with the Sweepstakes, and all other service agencies involved with the design, execution or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and the respective directors, officers, agents and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, losses and damages of any kind, including death, to persons or property, arising out of, or relating to, their participation in this Sweepstakes and the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of the prize (if applicable), including as set out in Rule 9, below. Entrants who Sponsor determines to have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if Sponsor suspects or finds entrant to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process, the operation of the Sweepstakes and/or the Website; (c) acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants, Sponsor or Sponsor’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE WEBSITE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING LAWYERS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE PROMOTIONS. All materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering, entrants agree that: (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participants’ rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the United States.
8. Binding Arbitration: Subject to applicable laws, any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal, or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable, or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties.
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR THE PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ENTRANT WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONETARY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW MANDATORY ARBITRATION, WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS, THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO RELEVANT PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
By entering, entrants agree that: (a) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, and the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California in the United States, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than California; and (b) any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth above in this Section 8 of these Official Rules, and/or are related to entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California in Los Angeles County.
9. Limitation of Liability: Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for, and the entrant hereby releases and agrees to hold the Released Parties harmless from and against, any and all claims, actions, damages, demands and liabilities of whatever nature or kind arising out of, or in connection with, the entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the administration of the Sweepstakes, the selection and confirmation of the winner, and the arranging for, awarding of and use of the prize or portion thereof. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Released Parties are not responsible for (a) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information for any reason; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete Entries, transmissions or transactions, Entries that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Official Rules; (c) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to, the awarded prize or the Sweepstakes itself; (d) failure of the Website or any website associated with this Sweepstakes, or any operations or transmission of information during the Sweepstakes Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human, production or technical errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Sweepstakes, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (e) any typographical or other error or omission in any printing or advertising relating to the Sweepstakes, in the administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcements or notifications of the winner; (f) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (g) any claims regarding the accepting, arranging for, awarding of or use of the prize or any portion thereof; (h) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind; or (i) cheating or fraud by any participant. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Official Rules for clarification purposes, at any time, in any way, and without prior notice, without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as originally planned, including should any virus, worm, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor may randomly select the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to date/time of such termination, or up to the date/time of the situation warranting such termination.
10. Winner’s Name: For the winner’s name (available after winner has been verified), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope by September 14, 2021 to: Aspiration Sustainable Smart Home Winner, 5550 Touhy Ave, Suite 403, Skokie, IL 60077, United States.
12. Rules Govern: In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern, and control.
13. Severability: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
14. Sponsor: Aspiration Partners, Inc., 4551 Glencoe Ave, Suite 300, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.